I thought I'd drop in with a post since it's been a while now. What have I been up to? Does anybody care? Probably not. But I thought I'd list some of the things that have been happening even if it is just to document the days.
1. Two weeks ago I went out and bought a carpet cleaning machine and I've got to admit if feels really good to know I have blasted grunge out of my carpet and sent it down the drain. And now my carpets are spotless. Feels good.
2. With cooler temperatures in the days now, I have found more energy.
3. I'm on a fifth revision of a new children's picture book idea and I think it is beginning to work. It may even work as a chapter book or a graphic novel style story. My friend, writer Elizabeth Lute of Enderby has been helping me with a few edits and suggestions and I find the feedback so helpful.
4. I now know what a 1932 Chevrolet looked like
5. I found out information about Mr. Charles Atlas and his exercise program, information related to my book project research.
6. I have been accepted into the Artist In Residence Program with the Vancouver School Board for 2014 which is a surprise to me but I am very excited about it.
7. Today I attended a presentation by a poet JonArno Lawson out at the university and afterwards I enjoyed a sushi lunch with a long time teacher poet friend Avis Harley.
8. Today was a lovely sunny autumn day of perfect weather and the city is green and lush after last week's rain.
9. Oh!... and last week my computer's hard drive ground to a halt and I had to take it in for repair and the good news is Paul, the fine technician at London Drugs was able to save all my precious files and also installed a new two Terabyte drive which is much better for all I do with graphics and animation experiments than my old 500 Gig drive.
There it is. Things are moving along.
The photo above was taken a number of years ago when I was presenting book talks to elementary school children in school libraries.