There were twenty cats and I managed to get eight on each sheet. Once I was satisfied with how the looked and how they worked when cut out and positioned on my fingers, I took them to a local printer and had a bunch run off.
I raced to the school for the afternoon with the class with the puppets printed on sheets of light weight card stock. But before the cutting out part, I talked to the kids about finger puppet shows and I asked them what kind of stories they might make for their puppets and what kinds of backgrounds they could make for their little imagined plays. I used crayons to make a short demonstration for them (since they always want me to draw for them and it seems to inspire them to want to draw their own stuff! ). And then the teacher and I encouraged them to think of what their scenes might be. They had lots of ideas and soon they were at their tables drawing a variety of adorable scenes on large sheets of paper.