Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Watercolor and Waterlogue

Cherry blossoms are out in Vancouver this week and they have turned grey muddy days into magical pinks with yellow daffodils in full bloom too. Spring. At last.
I wandered all over the neighbourhood yesterday and I took about 200 photos and with my ipad turned them into watercolours using my new APP Waterlogue which converts a photo into a watercolour painting like this. Very cool! And there is a lot of room for adjustment of colour and style.
 But now I wonder if this is such a good thing. It certainly is fast? It might make a great base for finer paintings. I am not sure. What do you think?
In any case it was great fun. I almost want to get out my real watercolours to see if I could pull off one of these babies.

1 comment:

Celeste Bergin said...

oh my gosh...I LOVE how they look like "real" watercolor. Wow! That is so impressive! I do think you should get out your watercolors. There is really nothing like the human hand to translate the scene. I agree, maybe the app can give you ideas about what to paint. (These are beautiful)