Friday, August 15, 2014

Art Making With iPad



I put a lot of work through the months of January to June preparing lesson plans and working with students. I think I will start sharing what I learned in case it is of any use to teachers out there wanting ideas of ways to use iPads for art making and not just for playing games.

FUN WITH TYPE DRAWING APP
The first green background/house image I used wingdings of musical notes and small boxes.  I was able to draw with the icons working as my 'pen' line for a line drawing. Simple and so much fun.

For the second, I took a digital image drawn with a different program and used it as a background for a short writing fiction piece about a first day at school memory of a bully incident. Then I wrote text over and around it using this APP.

For the second I used a faded background image of a hill and a tree and I placed the text over top.

Directions:
1. Write words into a text box.
2. Draw your finger or tablet pen over the screen.
3. Your words flow from your finger.
4. Bring in a piece of art or a photo and place behind your text.

A sensitive and powerful drawing tool as well as a way to play with text and writing. I think it costs under $3.

No comments: