Thursday, February 11, 2016

Print Making Fun


This week I had another opportunity to make art with a lovely class of K's and grade ones with their wise and creative teacher. I stumbled onto a great idea from Cassie Stephens, an American art teacher with a fabulous blog. I have followed her blog for a while now. Yesterday I discovered her videos of a print making project with grade threes and I was so impressed I thought we might give it a try. The teacher was open to the idea and so we made prints! It turned out to be great fun. The children seemed to love the experience of making these bright and vibrant prints. And I loved the fact we could use non toxic markers and pencils. I managed to find a package of Scratch Foam sheets at Opus Art Supplies in Vancouver.
I took photos of some results.


No comments: